Learn how to add ranking questions in Google Forms. Ranking questions allow respondents to rank options in order of preference or importance. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Open Google Forms and create a new form or open an existing one.
2. Add a title and description at the top.
3. In the question field, add your ranking question.
4. Click on the dropdown menu in the upper right of the question box and select “Multiple choice grid” to add the options for ranking.
5. Set up the form by clicking on the toggle button next to “Limit to one response per column” to ensure respondents rank each option.
6. Click the icon next to the toggle button and select “Limit to one response per column” to prevent respondents from giving the same ranking to multiple options.
7. Customize the survey’s appearance using the theme editor menu.
8. Preview and finalize the form.
9. Press the Send button to distribute the form as an email, link, or embed it on a webpage.
However, Google Forms has limitations in terms of complex setup, limited data analysis, lack of professionalism, and limited integration. An alternative solution is Jotform, a robust form builder that offers more customization options, better analytics, and seamless integration with other apps. To create a ranking question in Jotform:
1. Open Jotform and create a new form or open an existing one.
2. Enter the form builder and click on the “Add Form Element” button.
3. Select the “Survey Tools” tab and search for the “Ranking” widget.
4. Drag and drop the “Ranking” widget to place it in your form.
5. Add ranking options in the “Ranking Options” box.
6. Add a question above the list items and click “Save.”
7. Your survey with the ranking question is ready to go. Jotform generates a link for easy sharing.
In conclusion, ranking questions provide valuable insights, and Jotform is a recommended solution for creating ranking questions due to its ease of use, customization options, and better analytics.